Explain the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implement them appropriately
Determine & explain the appropriate cabling, device and storage technologies
Use best practices to manage the network, determine policies & ensure business continuity
Summarize physical security & common attacks while securing the wired and wireless network
Network Troubleshooting & Tools
Explain the network troubleshooting methodology & appropriate tools to support connectivity & performance
CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) 2019 | Self Study | Members Club
In today’s Information Technology world, Computer Networking is a key element in sharing data or accessing remote devices across a network infrastructure. This is why more and more IT Managers prefer to employ people that have Computer Networking skills. The Network + Certification is the first step in understanding what a computer network is and how it functions. During this course, you cover the following main topics: Media & Topologies, Protocols (i.e. TCP/IP) & Standards (i.e. OSI Network Model), Network Implementation, Network Support, and Troubleshooting.
The Network+ Certification course is outlined to make sure the student can describe the features and functions of many different networking components and also makes sure the student possesses the knowledge and skills needed to install, configure, and troubleshoot basic networking hardware, protocols, and services. After completing the Network+ Certification, students can qualify to work as a Computer Networking Specialist or a Help Desk Support position.
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network wireless and wired devices, establish basic network design and connectivity, understand and maintain network documentation, identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards, and protocols. Concepts from this course prepare students for the successful completion of the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
- Basic familiarity with computer networks is helpful (But, all required information will be covered during the course)
- Completion of the CompTIA A+ certification
- No required, but 9 months of networking experience or equivalent education
What Will You Learn
Companies That Trust CompTIA Network+ Include
- Each course has a discussion Forum where you can chat with fellow students as well as the instructor.
- Have a question about this course? Call and speak to your instructor directly 5 days a week.
- Email your instructor 24/7.
- Every week all student taking this course can participate in a live video group chat with your instructor.
Our Lab Simulator for CompTIA® Network+ provides hands-on experience for candidates intending to prepare for Network+ certification.
The software comes with several ready made labs so that users can get acquainted with the simulator and its functionalities.
Several lab exercises are made available with the lab simulator. The labs are intended to give familiarity with small business networking environment. However, router and switch devices provide scalability for continued learning.
Lab Simulator for Network+ Features:
What you’ll learn
CompTIA Labs hosted by Learn on Demand Systems allow students to learn in actual software applications through a remote lab environment. The labs align with The Official CompTIA Instructor and Student Guides and allow students to practice what they are learning using real, hands-on experiences. Students have access to the software environment for 12 months after they redeem their access key, providing a fantastic resource for students to practice their skills.
- Exploring the Lab Environment
- Configuring Ethernet Networking
- Configuring IPv4 Networking
- Configuring IPv4 Subnets
- Configuring IPv6 Networking
- Configuring Address Assignments
- Configuring Routing
- Using Port Scanning Tools
- Configuring DNS Servers
- Configuring Application Protocols
- Using Event Management and Performance Monitors
- Configuring a NAT Firewall
- Securing Appliance Administration with RADIUS Authentication
- Configuring Secure Access Channels
|Launch Date||March 2018|
|Exam Description||CompTIA Network+ N10-007 has been updated and reorganized to address the current networking technologies with expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 90 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based|
|Length of Test||90 Minutes|
|Passing Score||720 (on a scale of 100-900)|
|Recommended Experience||CompTIA A+ Certification and At least 9 to 12 months of networking experience|
|Languages||English, German, Japanese In Development: Spanish, Portuguese|