Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
Use an icon and text to communicate the value proposition and share the specific benefits of your offering. What makes it unique in your market?
Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
VIRTUALIZATION & CLOUD COMPUTING
Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts &set up client-side virtualization
Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
CompTIA A+ 2019 Core 2 (220-1002) | Self Study
CompTIA CertMaster Learn is a comprehensive eLearning environment that combines instructional lessons with assessments, integrated videos, and performance-based questions to provide over 40 hours of content tied to exam objectives. Interactive and self-paced, CertMaster Learn helps you stay on track with your studies with a personalized learning plan and is flexible enough to be used on any device anywhere an internet connection is available. Robust analytics bring awareness of your strengths and weaknesses, so each study session is efficient and focused on helping you acquire knowledge, gain practical skills, and achieve the confidence needed to succeed on the exam and in your IT career.
- Using Windows Features and Tools
- Managing Files, Folders, and Disks in Windows
- Configuring and Using Linux
- Deploying a Windows Image
- Configuring Windows Applications and Services
- Using Windows Troubleshooting Tools
- Configuring Network Connection Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connections
- Configuring Shared Resources
- Configuring Active Directory Accounts and Policies
- Configuring Data Protection
- Using Anti-Virus Software
- Configuring Windows Backup
- Using Windows PowerShell
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Practice Book
- Over 300 Presentation Slides
- Over 50 Videos
- Call Or Email The Instructor With Questions
- Open Discussion Forum
- Each course has a discussion Forum where you can chat with fellow students as well as the instructor.
- Have a question about this course? Call and speak to your instructor directly 5 days a week.
- Email your instructor 24/7.
- Every week all student taking this course can participate in a live video group chat with your instructor.
Service Desk Analyst
Help Desk Tech
Technical Support Specialist
Field Service Technician
Associate Network Engineer
Data Support Technician
Desktop Support Administrator
End User Computing Technician
System Support Specialist
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
|Exam Codes||CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902
(Academy customers use the same codes)
Candidates must complete both 901 and 902 to earn certification. Exams cannot be combined across the series.
| CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) and 220-1002 (Core 2)
Candidates must complete both 1001 and 1002 to earn certification. Exams cannot be combined across the series.
|Launch Date||December 15, 2015||January 15, 2019|
|Exam Description||CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues.
CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
| CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 90 questions per exam||Maximum of 90 questions per exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based||Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based|
|Length of Test||90 Minutes per exam||90 Minutes per exam|
|Passing Score||220-901: 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
220-902: 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
220-1001: 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
|Recommended Experience||9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field||9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field|
|Languages||English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, French, Spanish (Modern), Simplified Chinese and Thai||English at launch. German, Japanese, Portuguese, Thai and Spanish|
English retired July 31, 2019.
|TBD - Usually three years after launch|
|Price||There is a charge for the exam Voucher.||There is a charge for the Exam Voucher.|